Sunday, November 25, 2012

Many Thanks

Another Thanksgiving has come and gone. A day and a half in the company of good family and friends was enough to remind me that the universe is on my side, giving me what I need to sustain and move forward. I spent almost two days in Harford County, Maryland and on my way to and fro I thought about the fact that even though I may be going through life's shit yet again I know that I could be a lot worse off. I saw various people standing on the side of the road holding the signs of poverty and despair with nothing and nowhere to go, not just for the holiday but nowhere at all. My mind went to my crappy survival job that I know is a temporary situation but it is giving me what I need to maintain while I work on making my dreams come true.  I celebrate the fact that my son is healthy and well and so am I. Yes another Thanksgiving has come and gone. And for reasons only known to myself and the universe, this year more than any other of the past I give many thanks.

drea D

No comments:

Post a Comment