Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Shake Rattle Roll

I just experienced my very first earthquake. Here on the east coast we don't get those type of natural disasters. It was a 5.9 and it was felt from Virginia to New York and beyond. Fortunately no one was hurt, at least that we know of. It happened about two hours ago, and I was sitting on my bed sorting out laundry, when my closet doors started to shake. I thought OMG something is in my closet and trying to get out. I was literally frozen in fear. Just as I was about to call for my son everything started to shake. We were in the middle of an earthquake. I could not believe it, the phone calls started coming in everybody asking "did you feel that." All of the major television stations are on broadcasting and letting us know what is going on. I am still awestruck and I am trying to get in touch with a few friends, certain cell phone companies are down so I am doing a lot of emailing. But all I can say is WOW!!!

dreaD

No comments:

Post a Comment