Monday, August 29, 2011

Enjoy Yourself!

This past week has been one to remember and one to count your blessings. First right here on the east coast we had the earthquake(see previous blog) and this weekend we had the hurricane Irene. She came in like gangbusters on Saturday and did not let up one little bit until she was ready to leave which was the next day. Talking about a woman scorned. Between these two occurrences there were some lives lost, homes and cars were damaged and people living without power including myself. But thank God mine was restored in seven hrs.
That is why I think that it is so important to live life doing what fulfills you and bring you joy. Very recently right before this weather stuff happened I had the opportunity to do something that I like to do during the summer and that is go to different festivals. Because we have had such a tremendously hot summer I could not get to as many as I usually would. But when these two came around I made a point to go and also the fact the weather was nice. The first on was The International World Festival here in Baltimore where for free I got to see concert featuring Third World, and singer Ledisi, both acts did there thing greatly. I also visited some of the many exhibits that were set up, I got to see  and hang out with some friends that I had not seen for awhile, and I had me good ole Maryland crab cake. I also ran into my hair stylist who was definitely enjoying herself.
I took a friend with me and we had our chairs and sat under the moonlight and just chilled out and got our groove on. The next week I went to the Fiore Wine,Arts. and Jazz Festival. It was in Pylesville,Maryland (talking about getting lost several times...damn). That day was also good weather day, my son Jerome and a friend of his went along. When we finally got there we paid our fee (this was not free) it was seventeen dollars at the door thirteen in advance. We received our take home wineglasses that you get so that you can sample as many wines as you like. Well of course we started sampling right away, the atmos

No comments:

Post a Comment